Long Beach Employment Attorney
This is personal for us. We know the difference between right and wrong and have based our entire careers on reminding others of that distinction.
Long Beach Employment Attorney Dedicated to Upholding Employee Rights
We all want meaningful jobs, both for a sense of purpose and to provide for our families. While the law does not require employers to hand out purposeful jobs to individuals, it does create foundational rights for employees such as medical leave, disability accommodations, and the right to work free from discrimination. Our Long Beach employment law attorney here at Miracle Mile Law Group can help you navigate your rights by taking a look at your records and requesting your personnel file to ensure you were provided the rights afforded by law. Contact us now and let us fight for you.
At Miracle Mile Law Group, we only represent individual employees, and never do we represent corporations or other businesses.
A Long Beach Employment Attorney That Handles All Workplace Disputes
In today’s workplace environment, claims of discrimination are usually taken seriously thanks to heightened awareness of the law. However, that does not mean that millions of workers do not suffer from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The Long Beach employment attorney at Miracle Mile Law Group is trained to identify subtle and explicit behavior that could entitle you to compensation for your damages. The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 are state and federal laws, respectively, that prohibit discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
Employers are prohibited from discriminating against people with certain “protected characteristics.” Protected characteristics include race, age, sex, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, and sexual orientation.
How do you prove discrimination? You can prove discrimination either by direct or circumstantial evidence. Direct evidence includes comments or actions that show you were treated less favorably because of your characteristic. Circumstantial evidence includes actions that your employer subtly takes which can show you were treated differently.
At Miracle Mile Law Group, our Long Beach employment lawyers are committed to taking all types of employment cases:
- Harassment: Sexual harassment is a typical type of harassment, but harassment on other bases (such as age, race, disability, sexual orientation, etc.) can lead to a lawsuit.
- Hostile Work Environment
- Wage Hour Violations
- Whistleblower Violations
- Wrongful Termination
- Violation of Family and Medical Leave Law:
How Can I Protect My Rights?
If you are being discriminated at work, it is normal to feel anxiety and restlessness. However, there are actions you can take uphold your rights proactively.
- Check to see if your employer has an anti-discrimination policy in place. It may be a good idea to review your handbook or other company policies to see what the guidelines for discrimination are.
- Obtain all supporting documents. Make sure to keep copies of any type of correspondence with your employers before your access to these documents are denied.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you understand the law and preserve your rights. The discrimination attorneys at Miracle Mile Law Group is standing by to hear your story. Call us at (888) 244-0706 for more information.
Do You Feel Like You Were Discriminated Against or Harassed?
The Long Beach employment attorney at the Miracle Mile Law Group are experienced litigators in workplace disputes. Our firm has obtained thousands of dollars in recovery on behalf of individuals who suffered from discrimination, retaliation, and/or harassment.
If you have been the victim of workplace harassment or discrimination or have been wrongfully terminated, please us contact us online or call us at 888-244-0706 for a free and confidential review of your case. We have offices in Los Angeles, and our staff also speaks Spanish.