Los Angeles Discrimination Attorney
This is personal for us. We know the difference between right and wrong and have based our entire careers on reminding others of that distinction.
Top-Rated Los Angeles Discrimination Attorneys
What is Employment Discrimination?
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission defines discrimination as unequal treatment of an individual because of the individual’s group, class, or category rather than on its merit.
An individual can face two types of discrimination: indirect discrimination/disparate impact and direct discrimination/disparate treatment. Indirect discrimination/disparate impact occurs when a policy that applies to all individuals negatively impacts a group of individuals who share a protected characteristic. Direct discrimination/disparate treatment occurs when an individual actively mistreats another individual because of its protected characteristic.
How Do I Know If Am Being Exposed to Discrimination in the Workplace?
Discrimination can occur in many places in society, yet with regards to employment law, the following information pertains to the working environment. Many individuals can be involved: Private employers, state and local governments, employment agencies, labor organizations, and labor-management committees. Additionally, individuals can face discrimination in various ways. The list below demonstrates several examples of discrimination an individual can face.
- Exclusion of potential employees during recruitment based on protected characteristics.
- Unequal pay or opportunities to benefits based on protected characteristics.
- Discrimination when assigning disability leave.
- Denial of reinstatement, promotion, or use of facilities based on protected characteristics, such as age, race, disability, or sex.
Gather your personnel file to help prove your case
Employees in California are entitled to any documents they signed in the course of their employment. This includes:
- Personnel file
- Employment contract
- The company’s handbook
- Business policies
- Performance evaluations
- W2s and Pay stubs
- A termination, while not required, is producible if you were given the document.
Miracle Mile Law Group
The Los Angeles employment attorneys at Miracle Mile Law Group are dedicated to upholding and aiding the workplace rights of employees who have been wrongfully terminated, discriminated, sexually harassed, or retaliated against for illegal reasons.
Our Los Angeles employment law firm recognizes that the needs of each worker is unique, and we take great satisfaction in offering specialized care in employment disputes including disability discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, wage and hour disputes, and many more.
Unlike other employment law firms, we have each matter cautiously assessed by our crew of qualified lawyers and we designate a group of experts to the matter. When you choose us, you can be confident that:
- You will instantly speak to a California employment attorney for your case
- You will receive a 100% free conference regarding your employment dispute from an actual Los Angeles employment lawyer
- You will receive the maximized amount of settlements from your case, including compensation for distress, lost wages and earning capacity, and even punitive damages for egregious behavior
- 100% – ABSOLUTELY NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES
Give us a call at (888) 244-0706 or fill out the form by clicking here for a free consultation!