Bakersfield Whistleblower Attorney
This is personal for us. We know the difference between right and wrong and have based our entire careers on reminding others of that distinction.
Top Bakersfield Whistleblower Attorney
Miracle Mile Law Group, LLP is a Bakersfield whistleblower attorney specializing in Whistleblower and Qui Tam lawsuits. It is important to understand that if you speak up against wrongful, unsafe, hazardous, or unethical behavior you are protected under Federal and State laws.
Being a whistleblower is courageous act due to the fact that many of these individuals put their career reputations on the line for the benefit of society. Accordingly, the government has recognized the need to protect these individuals from retaliation.
Some of the most common whistleblower protection laws in California include:
- Labor Code Section 1102.5: this section is by far the most generous California employee whistleblower law. 1102.5 essentially prohibits employers from retaliating against employees who report violations of State or Federal regulations, laws, or statues. As long as the employee makes a good-faith report to about whatever he/she believes is illegal, the employee is protected.
- Labor Code Section 98.6 this section prohibits employers from retaliating against employees who report labor code violations.
- Labor Code Section 6310 & 6311: this section is directly related to safety complaints.
- Labor Code 6399.7 prohibits retaliation against employees for filing a complaint with the occupational safety and health administration.
- Government Code Section 12940(h) prohibits retaliation against employees who oppose or report discrimination or harassment based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation.
- Health and Safety Code Section 1278.5: these laws protection health care professionals who blow the whistle on unsafe, wasteful, or fraudulent behavior by healthcare facilities.
- Government Code Sections 8547-8547.12 which specifically prohibits retaliation against state employees for exposing instances of waste, fraud, abuse of authority, violation of law or threat to publish health.
Federal law often times mirrors California laws in many respects. However, the Federal government has also enacted the False Claims Act (also known as Qui Tam Laws), which allow individuals to sue on behalf of the government for behavior that defrauds the United Sates.
How Do You Prove A Whistleblower Case?
In order to win your whistleblower case, you must be able to prove that 1) you reported unsafe, unethical, or illegal behavior, 2) your employer was on notice of it, and 3) you suffered an adverse action because you made the report.
It is important to note there is a statute of limitations (a deadline to file a lawsuit) for whistleblower cases. These statutes of limitations begin to run from the date you suffered the adverse employment action. Therefore, it is important to contact a Bakersfield whistleblower attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Miracle Mile Law Group Will Fight To Protect Your Workplace Rights
The Bakersfield whistleblower attorney at Miracle Mile Law Group will fight rigorously to provide high quality representation combined with personal attention and responsiveness. At Miracle Mile Law Group, we make sure to understand your story and are determined to get you the maximum compensation possible. If you feel like you were treated unfairly at work, give our Bakersfield whistleblower attorney a call at (888) 244-0706 or contact us online for a free consultation.
FAQ About Bakersfield Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination claims are usually investigated and if the investigations are found in your favor, it may be possible to claim damages. Damages from wrongful termination include:
- Attorney legal fees
- Compensating for emotional distress
- Enforcing changes to policies and employee handbooks
- Lost benefits
- Paying any lost wages
- Restoring your previous employment position
Yes, if you want to claim legal damages for your wrongful termination case in Bakersfield, you need an attorney. The team at Miracle Mile Law Group are specialist lawyers in wrongful termination lawsuits in Bakersfield and other employment law matters which may arise during your case.
If you were wrongfully fired, it is best to speak to us right away to get your case understood and filed.
No. Our employment law office only charges a contingency based on the results of your case. That means, if we win, we will charge based on the settlement amount of your case. We do not charge upfront for any fees, time spent on your case, etc. Our employment law firm is set this way to make our clients comfortable and make the case sustainable through the end.
Yes. Miracle Mile Law Group handles all employment law matters for employees including but not limited to the following:
- Wage and hour claims
- Sexual harassment claims
- Whistleblower/retaliation claims
- Discrimination & Pregnancy Discrimination Claims
Should your wrongful termination case lead to any other claims, our employment attorneys at Miracle Mile Law Group are prepared to include them in your case with our experience.
Wrongful termination describes a situation in which your former employer violated a specific law, public policy, or the terms and conditions of an employment contract when they terminated you.
The definition of wrongful termination also varies from state to state as there is no federal law that protects employees from wrongful termination. If your employer has not violated the law, public policy, or your employment terms and its conditions, it falls under California’s ‘at-will employment.
To understand if you have a case for wrongful termination, it is best to consult with an attorney to understand your case, the facts, and the damages involved.
Bakersfield Whistleblower Attorney
93301, 93390, 93312
“Do yourself a favor and let Miracle Mile Law Group take a look at your case first. They are very thorough, and you will feel like your case is being given its proper due attention care. Especially since they give free consultations, you have nothing to lose. Thank you guys!”
Miracle Mile Law Group