Top Rated USC Keck Wrongful Termination Attorney
USC Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California is one of the large hospitals in the Los Angeles area. However, USC has been in the news lately for the wrong reasons. The hospital has been at the center of many wrongful termination lawsuits, for example, the wrongful termination lawsuit brought by a former psychiatrist. If you feel as though your termination from USC Keck was wrongful, unfair, or suspicious, it is important to have a USC Keck wrongful termination attorney by your side to defend your rights against the behemoth organization.
How Can I Spot Wrongful Termination?
Wrongful termination comes in many forms, but after you practice for so long, our attorneys see many common trends. The most common forms of wrongful termination include:
- You are terminated as a form of retaliation for being sexually harassed or otherwise complaining about discrimination
- You have a contract with your employer that says you can only be fired for cause and your employer breached the contract
- Because you disclosed illegal company practices or ethical issues to authorities or to someone within the company
- Your termination was based on race, taking protected leave, religion, age, pregnancy, military service, or other protected status
- You “blew-the-whistle” on your employer regarding unfair wage and overtime practices
- You were “constructively wrongful terminated” – this means a reasonable person in your situation had no choice but to quit because of the hostile work environment.
What steps should I take if I am being wrongfully terminated?
Getting fired in today’s day and age is not easy. It can take months or years to recover from the reputational damage, lost wages, and the emotional distress that usually ensues. However, there are steps you can proactively take to ensure that your rights are protected. They include:
- Keeping your own journal about the events that occurred, including dates and witnesses present
- Keeping screen shots of crucial emails, as you are likely to get kicked off the server once you are fired
- Contact a skilled USC Keck wrongful termination attorney to get more information
- Make sure you are being cooperative and respectful to your employer, even when they are treating you poorly
- Follow your attorney’s advice so that you have a better chance at winning
Most importantly, you should hire a skilled employment lawyer who can assist you in the problematical intricacies of employment law. At Miracle Mile Law Group, we work relentlessly to uphold your workplace rights, and our knowledge in wrongful termination laws will be beneficial to you. We will help you file a claim against USC Keck and fight on your behalf.
What kind of damages can a USC Keck wrongful termination attorney recover for me?
USC Keck wrongful termination lawsuits can be costly for employers if you can prove your damages. USC Keck wrongful termination cases can average out in the thousands, as other employees have recovered in the past for their damages. Our team of lawyers will strive to get you the following types of compensation:
- Past due wages, missing benefits, lost commissions and added bonuses, future pay
- Reinstatement to your position, however, this is very unlikely
- Emotional distress compensation for mental anguish, depression, anxiety, restless nights, chest pains, and other pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which seek to punish particularly egregious behavior by employers who act with reckless disregard for the law.
Let our attorneys fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation, either by settlement or trial award, for your case. A Los Angeles wrongful termination attorney for USC Keck employees will be able to assist you filling your claim with the appropriate agencies, so rest assured you are in safe hands.
Miracle Mile Law Group is Dedicated to Protecting Your Workplace Rights
As defenders of employees all throughout California, we take pride in fighting for you. And as experienced USC Keck wrongful termination attorneys, we strive for fair, and often large, awards on behalf of our clients. If you feel as though you are owed compensation for back pay, front pay, or other benefits, emotional distress, we make it our job to ensure that employers are held accountable. Contact us today for a 100% free consultation. Simply call the Los Angeles wrongful termination attorneys at Miracle Mile Law Group, at (888) 244-0706 or fill out the contact form.